“Be green, be sustainable – Active Citizen Camp 2019”Call for participants
– Youth exchange April 28th to May 5th 2019 in Possenhofen, Germany (close to Munich)
For People living in either Greece or Germany who are between 18 to 30 years old and have good English skills.
Europas Erfolg and Hellenic Youth Participation are looking for participants for a youth exchange on today’s social and environmental challenges!
During this youth exchange we will create a space to foster a honest conversation about today’s social and environmental challenges and motivate each other to become active in our communities.
Environmental challenges and sustainable ways of living are in the focus of the training:
What bothers us in our communities?
How can we become active in our society and be drivers for social and environmental change?
How can we make life in our communities more sustainable?
During the training you will:
● learn how to reflect upon the society’s realities both critically and constructively
● brainstorm about possibilities to create positive change that you can implement in your community after the training
● work on a specific project in a small group and build a prototype and project plans that can be implemented in both Germany and Greece
● discuss your ideas with people from the active civil and political society
Tools and working methods
Tools that are useful for project management will be part of the programme, e.g.:
• how to present a project in public, in front of a funding jury or in a video
• how to write a project sketch.
Methods of non-formal education will be implemented, such as from:
● the Art of Hosting
● Theory U context
● living in either Greece or Germany and aged between 18 or 30 years
● interested in today’s social and environmental challenges
● motivated to actively participate and contribute to the project with their experience and ideas
● motivated to develop project plans and to implement them after the youth exchange
● able to work and communicate in English
● willing to invest 1-2 hours in preparation of the youth exchange.
The trainers are four young women, who want to contribute to a Europe, where young people can learn from each other. All of them are active in different social and political projects themselves and have hosted similar transnational seminars before. The ACC follows the peer to peer concept, which means that all of them are learning by doing and participate in the workshops as the participants do.
Participation fee: 95 €.
Accomodation and food are fully covered.
Travel cost will be refunded after the seminar based on the EU Erasmus+ Standards depending on where you are traveling from. Please check this Travel Refund Overview for travel expenses coverage. Travel costs can only be refunded if all original receipts/ travel documents (e.g. train tickets, boarding pass etc.) are handed in.
If you are interested to participate, please apply via this application form.
+++ Application deadline: 24 February 2019 +++
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The project will be realized within the German association Europas Erfolg and the Greek organisation Hellenic Youth Participation. The training course will be created with financial support from the Erasmus+ programme, key action 1.
© Europas Erfolg